Registration is now open for CODE's 41st Annual Conference REACH: Drama and Dance Beyond the Classroom. This unique event promises to provide top-notch professional development to teachers and artists through hands-on workshops, showcases, networking opportunities and more!
Read on for more highlights, or to register today click the REACH icon on the right hand side of our website's main page. . .
For the first time in history, CODE is partnering with the Ontario Arts Council to welcome both teachers and artists to our conference. Together, we will work alongside one another in professional development workshops, network and socialize together in the resort setting of Blue Mountain, and make connections that we hope will extend beyond the conference to your classroom, school and community.
Special Features of this Conference include:
- workshops by teachers, artists and teacher-artist partnerships, including Allen and Karen Kaeja, Christine Jackson and Martha Burns, Adrienne Smoke, Larry Swartz, Project Humanity, Janice Pomer and more
- keynote speaker Hannah Beatch, director of the Dandelion Dance Company, "I Can Dance a Better World"
- Reach Project Presentations on collaborations between schools and their communities
- a teacher-artist panel discussion focusing on the creation of successful teacher-artist partnerships
- energizer workshops, networking socializers, Gala dinner and more, all in the beautiful setting of Blue Mountain Resort
Register early to ensure spots in your desired workshops, and book your room at Blue Mountain today, as they will go quickly!
*Please note that to obtain the Member Conference fee, you must have an active membership at the time of the conference. To renew your membership today, click here.